Apply to these jobs
To provide our delivery teams with professional materials, plant and service supply. This will involve taking primary responsibility for placement of orders and communicating internally across the business, with external suppliers and other bodies as directed by the Management Team.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
* Ordering of construction materials, plant and subcontract services across the companies using the COPERNIC system.
* Provide support to the Companies Alliance Estimating team in development of Target Costs.
* Work closely with delivery teams in ensuring plant and materials are procured in line with the project schedule.
* Ongoing development and running of the supplier relationship management process in conjunction with other members of the Procurement Team
* Organisation and management of individual daily workload
* Ensuring target cost data is obtained, used appropriately and cost analysis is carried out whilst making sure appropriate documentation is updated to provide evidence of best value with regard to procurement, which may include commercial betterment, quality and efficiency.
* Negotiation of goods/services within the Target Cost budget with participation in the bid proposal stage as and when required
* Continual identification of any Procurement related risks and opportunities, whether at Programme of Project level and reporting them onto the ARM Risk Software system
* Be an integral member of Projects Procurement Team representing it and the organisation professionally and ethically
* Draft and prepare contract documentation using standard companies templates working alongside their legal team to ensure compliance
* Become a focal point for project and suppliers regarding contract and supply queries
* Support and continually develop the projects Procurement Strategy and to monitor the supply chain to maintain strong relationships and ensure ethical collaborative behaviours across all parties
* Effectively communicate project requirements to the supply chain through a variety of communication channels Issue: 3 HR-A3-028/01 A Corporate Date: Jul 2020 B Divisional Page: Page 1 of 1 C Contract Job Description & Person Specification
* Work with stakeholders, at all levels, in order to understand internal and external requirements
* Attend Project Meeting / Progress Reviews as and when required / requested by the Project teams
* As you will expect the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements.
* Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
* Minimum of three years' experience within Construction/Civil Engineering sector
* Negotiation skills
* Demonstrable commercial awareness, with the ability to control and monitor budgets
* Finely tuned communication skills with regard to engaging with external and internal parties
* Ability to demonstrate attention to detail with regard to contractual obligations and the placement of orders
* Evidence of a sound education which should include English and Maths GCSE at grade A-C or above, or equivalent
* CIPS or equivalent is desirable, including 'workingtowards'
* Industry-related qualifications are desirable, and could include: - Trade-related qualification - Other professional qualification - ONC/HNC/HND/Degree
* IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package
* Strong people skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel
* A full UK driving licence is desirable as travelling to site may be required