To act as a commercial support resource for the works programme. Provide professional commercial expertise and guidance to enable the programme to achieve compliance with relevant business targets, processes and procedures. To assist in the resolution of commercial issues and act as the champion within the function when these issues require escalation. The position may require line management duties.
- Act as the key commercial interface with programme / Route providing appropriate professional support, guidance and leadership.
- Assess commercial risk and implement suitable control measures where required.
- Manage the efficient and effective implementation of category strategies at programme / Route level.
- Take a leading role and advise on the management and resolution of variations, commercial disputes and claims arising from the programme / Route.
- Implement appropriate controls to monitor compliance with company commercial policies and procedures.
- Review supplier performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators and take appropriate corrective action where required.
- Manage the compliant and efficient provision of procurement services to programme / Route.
- Commercially manage relationships with contractors and suppliers to maximise benefit for Network Rail.
- Lead the commercial administration for any third party contractual arrangements that are undertaken by the programme / Route.
- Act as the primary interface with programme / Route business users to communicate the benefits of new contracts and suppliers.
- Work with relevant teams to provide commercial input into the business planning and maintainer renewals processes.
Your skills will include:
- Knowledge of the construction industry and related supply chains, including commercial and contract administration processes
- Experience of working client side with Network Rail
- Knowledge of construction contracts
- Good leadership skills
- Highly numerate
- Strong reporting experience
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels, both internally and externally
- Effective and proven negotiation skills with ability to influence decision making
- Proven ability to manage and drive successful business change programmes
- Computer literate including ability to utilise in-house and external software
- Knowledge of railway industry contracts
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Membership of an appropriate professional organisation