PSR Rail are currently recruiting for a Site Agent to take control of the management of resources for a bridge construction package of works as designated by the Site Agent.
Works to be managed in accordance with the Contract Programme, to best commercial advantage, without prejudice to the health and safety of employees, sub-contractors or the public at large and taking into full account environmental considerations.
- Review contractual agreements and develop design, working methods, programme and forecast costs with the Construction Manager, General Foreman and Subcontractors / Suppliers identifying any inaccuracies or inconsistencies, and feedback any changes made to the QA and QS teams.
- Develop programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly, taking action where appropriate, and reporting any changes to the construction manager and QS department.
- Be fully conversant with subcontractors contract conditions, develop job specific subcontract conditions and manage the subcontractors account with the QS team
- Requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Communicate to the QA and QS teams non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors' attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are reviewed, approved and adhered to.
- Keep abreast of developments in professional field
- Produce monthly reports for financial forecasting, monitoring and control of project cost
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Key point of contact for clients for project progress
- Set the highest example for Health and Safety Requirements
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- Experience as a site agent on major UK infrastructure projects
- Experience in leading teams
- Broad civil engineering experience to include reinforced concrete works, drainage, temporary works, excavations etc.
- Understanding of Engineering Principles
- Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system).
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management - SMSTS
- Bridge construction
- Structural steel
- Reinforced concrete
- Temporary Works
- Major Civils and Infrastructure Projects