PSR Solutions are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work with our Client in the West Midlands. Our Client is a reputable Main Contractor, with a number of Regional Offices throughout the UK and works in sectors including Commercial, Fit out, High Rise and Industrial Projects. The specific role will be a Project Manager for the West Midlands region delivering fast paced industrial scheme.
Project Manager Position:
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the technical viability of the project works, (or part of the project works). Participate in the winning of jobs and manage the project from cradle to grave.
What you will be doing:
- Maintaining excellent and effective working relationships with the customer and their representatives/advisors.
- Implementing the companies strategy and Policies for Sustainability, Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental, Training and Development etc. and acting as an exemplar of the Company culture and values.
- Implementing the Companies Business Management System.
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems.
- Supporting initiatives to deliver ongoing continuous improvement.
- Line management responsibilities, including the undertaking of annual appraisal and development for junior members of staff.
- Ensuring that the project works comply with the requirements of the contract specification and drawings etc. and maintaining appropriate records etc. to confirm such compliance.
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
Project Manager key requirements:
- Appropriate technical knowledge and main contractor construction experience.
- Degree (or similar equivalent) in a relevant construction subject (essential)
- Safety Level 1 course.
- Appropriate CSCS Card.
- Comprehensive experience as a Site Manager working for a main contractor (essential)
- Industrial project experience is also essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan and manage time.
- Strong attention to detail.
The successful candidate will have experience working in Industrial Schemes and Values of £10m plus. You will have previous experience working as a Project Manager on projects of £10m and above, proven successful track record and the determination to succeed within an excellent business.
Candidates who would be willing to travel nationally are also encouraged to apply.