Recently named as one of the 'Best Big Companies to Work For' by Best Companies, leading international, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 with a purpose to improve life by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, they provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; natural resources; power and water. Headquartered in London, they have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Plant; Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. they are specialists in delivering pipelines, design, structural steel, tunnelling, fabrication, bridges and piling, and has a substantial holding of plant, equipment and facilities.
M & E Project Manager (rail)
Would you like to join one of the UK's Best Big Companies as awarded by Best Companies?
This role is for an M and E Project Manager (Electrically biased) to support the delivery of a number of projects on Technical Services Rail portfolio in the Southeast of the UK.
What you will be doing
- Manage and oversee a variety of different projects which include Mechanical, Electrical and Telecoms works from preconstruction through to final handover.
- Develop project plans, including timelines, budgets and resource allocation.
- Communicate effectively with clients, contractors and team members to ensure project success.
- Monitor Project progress and make adjustments as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets (Planned vs Actual measures).
- Ensure that the project team works to progressively complete handover documentation so that we are "fit to finish", complying with the contracted completion requirements of the Client.
- Ensure the team complies with company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Hold regular collaborative planning and project team meetings, ensuring actions are closed out in a timely manner.
- Represent the business on site, embodying our vision, values, and purpose.
Who are we looking for
- A HND degree in Building Services Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/Construction Management
- Experience delivering M and E Projects in the UK Rail industry.
- Stakeholder management & experience of representing the company in front of Clients at planning and business performance meetings.
- Mentoring / coaching and professional development experience
- Represent the Murphy business on site, embodying our vision, values, and purpose